WE love : free and original historical and family show
Age : for everyone
Date: the weekend of December 7th from 2:30 pm
Location: Army Museum - Invalides (Paris 7th)
Saint Barbara's Day at the Army Museum: a free and original family event
- As every year the Army museum in collaboration with the Artillery School of Draguignan and its brass band celebrates the feast of Saint Barbara, which is the feast of the artillerymen.
- A little reminder: Saint Barbara is the patron saint of fireworks, gunners, artillerymen and miners and the Fire Department. Saint Barbara conjured up thunder, lightning, and all the accidents related to the explosion of gunpowder.
- To celebrate the feast of Saint Barbara, The courtyard of honour of the Invalides is the scene of a free historical, family show around the artillery.
- It's a festive weekend combining performances, reconstructions and presentation of military equipment.
- Specialists in artillery regiments retrace the evolution of artillery from the First Empire to the present day to the sound of the brass band of the Draguignan Military School.
- It's a free and exceptional animation for the general public.
- Children accompanied by adults are invited to meet the actors of the event. They are encouraged to answer the questions in a booklet - games handed out free of charge on site.
Timetable of the "Feast of Saint Barbara at the Invalides":
- From 2.30 pm on 7 and 8 December 2019
- Around 2:30 pm: brass band
- Around 3pm: artillery demonstrations by soldiers in period dress.
- Around 3:30 pm: cannon fire
- From 3.45 pm: time for exchange around the actors of the event