WE love : The City of Science and Industry is transformed into a station hall!
When: May 18th and 19th
Location: City of Sciences (Paris 19th)
Age : for everyone, from 2 years old
Rate : ticket price for the City of Science: 12 €
Model Making Festival: an exceptional event!
- The City of Science and Industry is transformed into a station hall with the largest railway modeling exhibition in Paris in the last ten years.
- 820 m2 of railway networks!
- Several networks are to discover: the smallest, which fits in a box of Brie, the largest of 260 m2.
- A unique opportunity to interact with enthusiasts, participate in locomotive assembly workshops, train model trains or travel in a steam locomotive!
- Saturday May 18th from 10am to 6pm and Sunday May 19th from 10am to 7pm.
Workshops for all ages
- From 2 years : "Bricks of pleasure". 30 min workshop The children handle LEGO trains thanks to a large fixed rail network and a small modular network. A large static mini train is built with the public throughout the weekend.
- From 7 years : "Driving simulator". To discover the profession of train driver, the visitor is invited to monitor signals, speed limits and manage passenger traffic ...
- From 12 years : Model & model design "1 hour workshop. To discover the origin of the steam locomotive and understand the principle of its operation. Without tools or glue, the public assembles and carries a model of an authentic 230 type fully mechanical wooden locomotive.