2 days of model railroading: 820 m2 of railroad networks
Model railroad festival: trains on every floor
- We like : The Cité des sciences et de l'industrie is transformed into a train station hall!
- When: May 18 and 19
- Place : Cité des Sciences (Paris 19ème)
- Age: for all, from 2 years old
- Price: ticket price for the Cité des Sciences: 12 ?
Model making festival: an exceptional event!
- The City of Science and Industry turns into a station hall with the largest exhibition of model railroading presented in Paris in the last ten years.
- 820 m2 of rail networks!
- Several networks are to be discovered: from the smallest, which fits in a Brie box, to the largest of 260 m2.
- A unique opportunity to talk with enthusiasts, to participate in workshops to assemble locomotives, to drive model trains or to travel in a steam locomotive!
- Saturday, May 18 from 10 am to 6 pm and Sunday, May 19 from 10 am to 7 pm.
The model making festival thinks about children and organizes for them various animations and workshops.
- From 2 years old : "Bricks of fun". Workshop of 30 min. The toddlers manipulate LEGO trains thanks to a large fixed railway layout and a small modular layout. A static miniature train of great length is built with the public throughout the weekend.
- From 7 years old : "Driving simulator". To discover the job of a train driver, children are asked to monitor signals, speed limits and manage passenger exchanges...
- From 12 years old : Model & model making" Workshop of 1 hour. To discover the origin of the steam locomotive and understand the principle of its operation. Without tools or glue, the public assembles and takes away a model of an authentic wooden locomotive of type 230.