From archaeology to graffiti
EXPO "Walk the Line with L?ATLAS
- We like: a very playful exhibition between graffiti, calligraphy and optical art
- Age: for all, from 3 years old
- Duration: until March 22, 2020
- Place : Musée en Herbe (Paris 1st)
Exhibition Walk the Line with L'ATLAS at the Musée en Herbe
- A very cheerful, playful little exhibition that children will love, guaranteed!
- The Museum in the Wild organizes an interactive journey around the work of the artist L? Atlas.
- Walk the line, because it's full of lines with works inspired by calligraphy and optical art.
- with the Atlas, because it is the name of the artist.
- Since the 90s, Atlas has been interested in the culture of graffiti and has been introduced to Arabic and Chinese calligraphy. He marks the floors and walls of cities with huge graphic compasses made of white lines on gray asphalt. His work is at the crossroads of graffiti, calligraphy, geometric abstraction and optical art.
- The works presented are joyful and the exhibition is very playful.
- Children turn into little explorers and equipped with compasses set out on the traces of the different artistic currents that inspired the Atlas. Atlas.
- They are encouraged to carry out their own archaeological dig, to create their own blaze on a road sign, to turn the direction of the paintings...
- Like every time at the Musée en Herbe, the scenography is adapted to different audiences, from 3 to 103 years.
- The exploration course is very well done, and is suitable for children, even toddlers.
- Allow between 1/2 hour and 1 hour for the visit of the exhibition.
Visits and workshops for children
For children, even the very young, and their parents, the Musée en Herbe organizes many activities: animated visits, free family visits, workshops or even birthdays
- Animated visits for children from 2 1/2 to 4 1/2 years old :
- 30-minute visit for toddlers accompanied by their parent(s).
- at 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday, during public holidays and every day during school vacations.
- Visits for 5-12 years:
- 1 hour visit for older children accompanied by their parents
- at 11am, 2:30pm, 4pm and 5pm every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday, on public holidays and every day during school vacations
- Workshops for children from 2 1/2 to 4 1/2 years old .
- 11:00 AM: 4-HANDED BABY (1 hour)
- 2:00 PM: BABY WORKSHOP (1 hour)
- Workshops for 5-12 year olds
- AT 3:30 PM AND 5:00 PM: MAXI WORKSHOP (1 hour)
- AT 3:30 PM AND 5:00 PM, THE FIRST SUNDAY OF THE MONTH: 4-HANDS WORKSHOP (1 hour)