WE love : a very playful exhibition between graffiti, calligraphy and optical art
Age : for all, from 3 years old
Duration: until 22 March 2020
Location: Museum in Herb (Paris 1st)
Exhibition Walk the Line with L'ATLAS at the Musée en Herbe
- A very cheerful, fun little exhibition that is guaranteed to appeal to children!
- The Museum in Grass organizes an interactive journey around the work of the artist L' Atlas.
- Walk the line, because it's full of lines... with works inspired by calligraphy and optical art.
- with the Atlas, because that's the name of the artist.
- In the 1990s, the Atlas became interested in the culture of graffiti and was introduced to Arabic and Chinese calligraphy, marking the floors and walls of cities with huge graphic compasses made of white lines on grey asphalt. His work is at the crossroads of graffiti, calligraphy, geometric abstraction and optical art.
- The works presented are joyful and the exhibition is very playful.
- Children turn into little explorers and equipped with compasses, follow in the footsteps of the different artistic currents that inspired the Atlas.
- They are encouraged to carry out their own archaeological excavation, to create their own blaze on a road sign, to turn the direction in which the paintings are hung...
- Like every time at the Musée en Herbe, The scenography is adapted to different audiences, from 3 to 103 years old.
- The exploration route is very well done, and is suitable for children, even toddlers.
- Count between 1/2 hour and 1 hour for the visit of the exhibition.
Visits and workshops for children
For children even very young and their parents, the museum in Grass organizes many activities: animated visits, free visits with family, workshops or even anniversary
- Animated tours for children from 2 1/2 to 4 1/2 years old :
- 30-minute visit for toddlers accompanied by their parent (s).
- at 10:30 and 13:30 every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday, during public holidays and every day during school holidays.
- Visits for 5-12 years:
- 1 hour visit for the greatest accompanied by their parents
- at 11h, 14h30, 16h and 17h every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday, during public holidays and every day during school holidays
- Workshops for children from 2 1/2 to 4 1/2 years old .
- AT 11AM: BABY 4 HANDS (1 hour)
- At 2 pm: BABY ATELIER (1 hour)
- Workshops for 5-12 year olds
- AT 3:30 PM AND 5 PM: MAXI WORKSHOP (1 hour)
- AT 3:30 PM AND 5 PM, SUNDAY 1ST OF THE MONTH: 4 HANDS WORKSHOP (1 hour)
In all cases, reservation required, at 01 40 67 97 66 or at [email protected]