From archaeology to graffiti
EXPO "Walk the Line with L'ATLAS
- We like: a very playful exhibition between graffiti, calligraphy and optical art
- Age: for all, from 3 years old
- Duration: until March 22, 2020
- Place : Musée en Herbe (Paris 1st)
Exhibition Walk the Line with L'ATLAS at the Musée en Herbe
- A very cheerful, fun little exhibition that is guaranteed to appeal to children!
- The Museum in Grass organizes an interactive journey around the work of the artist L' Atlas.
- Walk the line, because it's full of lines... with works inspired by calligraphy and optical art.
- with the Atlas, because that's the name of the artist.
- Since the 90s, Atlas has been interested in the culture of graffiti and has been introduced to Arabic and Chinese calligraphy. He marks the floors and walls of cities with huge graphic compasses made of white lines on gray asphalt. His work is at the crossroads of graffiti, calligraphy, geometric abstraction and optical art.
- The works presented are joyful and the exhibition is very playful.
- Children turn into little explorers and equipped with compasses leave on the traces of the various artistic currents which inspired the Atlas.
- They are encouraged to carry out their own archaeological dig, to create their own blaze on a road sign, to turn the direction of the paintings...
- Like every time at the Musée en Herbe, The scenography is adapted to different audiences, from 3 to 103 years old.
- The exploration route is very well done, and is suitable for children, even toddlers.
- Count between 1/2 hour and 1 hour for the visit of the exhibition.
Visits and workshops for children
For children, even the very young, and their parents, the Musée en Herbe organizes many activities: animated visits, free family visits, workshops or even birthdays
- Animated tours for children from 2 1/2 to 4 1/2 years old :
- 30-minute visit for toddlers accompanied by their parent (s).
- at 10:30 and 13:30 every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday, during public holidays and every day during school holidays.
- Visits for 5-12 years:
- 1 hour visit for the greatest accompanied by their parents
- at 11h, 14h30, 16h and 17h every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday, during public holidays and every day during school holidays
- Workshops for children from 2 1/2 to 4 1/2 years old .
- AT 11AM: BABY 4 HANDS (1 hour)
- At 2 pm: BABY ATELIER (1 hour)
- Workshops for 5-12 year olds
- AT 3:30 PM AND 5 PM: MAXI WORKSHOP (1 hour)
- AT 3:30 PM AND 5 PM, SUNDAY 1ST OF THE MONTH: 4 HANDS WORKSHOP (1 hour)
In all cases, reservation required, at 01 40 67 97 66 or at [email protected]more info on activities for children