The EXPO "Charlie Chaplin, the man-orchestra
- WE LOVE : a very beautiful and lively exhibition
- AGE : for all, from 6 years old
- DATE: COMPLETED
- LOCATION: Philharmonie (Paris 19é)
Very nice exhibition Charlie Chaplin, the man with the orchestra at the Philharmonie de Paris
- On the occasion of the 130th anniversary of the birth of Chaplin, the Philharmonic present a very lively, funny and exciting exhibition on Chaplin's relationship with music.
- The exhibition explores thehe musical dimension of Chaplin's Silent Cinemaand the parallel is fascinating because Charlot was a great music lover.
- The multiple reading levels make this exhibition accessible to all audiences. It's a real success story.
- Musical instruments, sheet music, sound effects machines and cameras interact with Chaplin's greatest films. The film extracts are numerous, often very funny, and music is always present.
- The exhibition shows how much the sound environment is an integral part of Chaplin's power. He attached the greatest importance to the musical accompaniment of his films and from 1931 onwards, Chaplin exercised total control over his work, mastering the direction, writing and music of his films.
- We discover the music-loving side of Chaplin, through archival images and posters: photos of the young Chaplin with his violin and cello, annotated scores of his films or film excerpts where Chaplin plays the violin.