Until February 4, 2024
- WE LOVE Van Gogh, of course! See the works painted during the last 2 months of his life; paintings from all over the world.
- AGE From 5 years old
- DURATION 1h30 approx.
- DATE Until February 4, 2024
- HOURS from 9:30 am to 6 pm
- OPENING Tuesday to Sunday (closed on Mondays)
- NOCTURNE Thursday until 9:45 pm
- FREE for under-18s
- TO KNOW: The rONLINE BOOKING is highly recommended. The ticket entitles you to see all Musée d'Orsay exhibitions (permanent and temporary).
An exhibition at the Musée d'Orsay to explore with your family, with children and teenagers to happily rediscover - the colors, textures and landscapes of this artist who left his mark on the history of art.
"Van Gogh at Auvers-sur-Oise", a new exhibition of the artist's last paintings
- The exhibition at the Musée d'Orsay is an unprecedented plunge into the work of Vincent Van Gogh (1853-1890).
- The discover the canvases the artist produced at Auvers-sur-Oise, during the last 2 months of his life
- A crucial period, it was a moment of frenetic creation where he painted 74 pictures in 70 days !
- Shortly before settling in this village, Van Gogh, who had lived in Arles, underwent a period of extreme fragility that necessitated his internment in an asylum.
- When he arrived in the Oise region, he met Docteur Gachet, his doctor and friend who specialized in melancholy, and whose famous portrait we can admire today. This friend never ceased to believe in the artist's talent, and bought paintings from him.
- In a burst of creative strength, and before committing the irreparable, he produced tormented works such as "The wheat field invaded by crows", or large panoramic landscapes with dark skies.
- This particular period will reveal to the world a new direction in the treatment of paint.
- Throughout the visit, the presentation of the works is accompanied by audio readings from Vincent's correspondence with his brother Theo.
- The exhibition also features an immersive 3D experience, allowing you to explore the painter's creative environment and enter his palette. You'll even meet an avatar of the artist! (Experience from age 10)
Activities for children aged 6 to 12
- Visit "The masterpieces of Orsay explained to children is fun and takes children into the secret world of the museum's permanent collections... see Millet, Monet, Seurat, Renoir and many others...
- The workshop-visits for young people "Cent pour cent Vincent" are organized for children from 6 to 8 years old in the permanent collections (reservation at the museum) - Duration 2h (visit 45 min, workshop 1h15)
- "En musique avec Pascal Parisot" - Family singing tour with children from 6 to 12 years old - October 29, 2023 to February 18, 2024 - Duration 1h30