WE love A very playful exhibition where art is used to better understand the fauna that surrounds us
Age: for all, from 3 years old
Duration: until February 28, 2021
Location: Musée en Herbe (Paris 1st)
Exhibition Spiders, Fireflies, Butterflies at the Musée en Herbe
- Charming little creatures that populate our daily lives are invading the grassroots museum. The children will be delighted. Success guaranteed!
- This exhibition invites young and old alike to discover the magical, fascinating and little-known world of these funny little creatures (spiders, fireflies, butterflies) that populate our daily lives and have inspired the creativity of many renowned artists!
- Spiders by Louise Bourgeois, or Niki de Saint Phalle, Butterfly Woman by Salvador Dali, butterfly vanity by Philippe Pasqua ...
- This "artistic-scientific" exhibition was conceived under the watchful eye of specialists from the National Museum of Natural History in Paris. Scientific explanations on the life of small animals accompany the works of the artists presented. Entomological plates, realized by the National Museum of Natural History, will allow to discover the fascinating life of the butterfly!
- Children become little explorers and equipped with an explorer's notebook, they go in search of an extraordinary animal. Remember to bring your pencil!
- Like every time at the Musée en Herbe, the scenography is adapted to different audiences, from 3 to 103 years.
- The exploration course is very well done, and is suitable for children, even toddlers.
- Allow between 1/2 hour and 1 hour for the visit of the exhibition.
Visits and workshops for children
Please note that due to covid-19, the animated visits and workshops are suspended for the moment.
For children, even the very young, and their parents, the Musée en Herbe organizes many activities: animated visits, free family visits, workshops or even birthdays
- Animated visits for children from 2 1/2 to 4 1/2 years old :
- 30-minute visit for toddlers accompanied by their parent(s).
- at 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday, during public holidays and every day during school vacations.
- Visits for 5-12 years:
- 1 hour visit for older children accompanied by their parents
- at 11am, 2:30pm, 4pm and 5pm every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday, on public holidays and every day during school vacations
- Workshops for children from 2 1/2 to 4 1/2 years old .
- 11:00 AM: 4-HANDED BABY (1 hour)
- 2:00 PM: BABY WORKSHOP (1 hour)
- Workshops for 5-12 year olds
- AT 3:30 PM AND 5:00 PM: MAXI WORKSHOP (1 hour)
- AT 3:30 PM AND 5:00 PM, THE FIRST SUNDAY OF THE MONTH: 4-HANDS WORKSHOP (1 hour)
In all cases, reservations are required, at 01 40 67 97 66 or at [email protected]