Exhibition at the Grande Galerie de l'Evolution Until August 22, 2021
THE "PRECIOUS STONES" EXHIBITION
- WE LOVE : a real dive into the world of precious stones
- AGE : From 8 years old
- DATE: COMPLETED
- LOCATION: at the Grande Galerie de l'Evolution (Paris 5e)
THE "PRECIOUS STONES" EXHIBITION : TO HAVE A FEAST FOR THE EYES !
- This exhibition presented at the Great Gallery of Evolution of Garden of plants was made in collaboration with Van Cleef & Arpels!
- It's a real immersion in the world of mineralogy, gemmology and jewellery: are presented more than 500 minerals, gems and objets d'art from the Museum's collections and over 200 gems and jewellery creations of the House of Van Cleef & Arpels
- The Precious Stones exhibition presents diamonds, rubies, emeralds or aquamarine and turquoise extracted from the depths of the Earth, coveted and sought after for millennia.
- These gems - man-made gemstones - have always been considered as instruments of power and objects of seduction but also, since the 18th century, as scientific subjects...
- The scenography is contemporary, the exhibition immerses the visitor in the history of the Earth, the processes of mineral formation and the latest scientific advances in geosciences.
- Young and old alike will marvel at the most beautiful creations fashioned by the hand of Man from natural diversity.