Exhibition at the Grande Galerie de l'Evolution Until August 22, 2021
THE "GEMSTONES" EXHIBITION
- WE LOVE : a real dive into the world of precious stones
- AGE: From 8 years old
- DATE: COMPLETED
- LOCATION: at the Grande Galerie de l'Evolution (Paris 5)
THE "PRECIOUS STONES" EXHIBITION : TO HAVE A FEAST FOR THE EYES !
- This exhibition presented at the Great Gallery of Evolution of Garden of plants was made in collaboration with Van Cleef & Arpels!
- It is a real immersion in the world of mineralogy, gemology and jewelry: are presented more than 500 minerals, gems and art objects from the Museum's collections and over 200 gems and jewelry creations of the House of Van Cleef & Arpels
- The Precious Stones exhibition presents diamonds, rubies, emeralds, aquamarines and turquoises extracted from the depths of the Earth, coveted and sought after for millennia
- These gems ? gems worked by man ? have always been considered as instruments of power and objects of seduction but also, since the 18th century, as scientific subjects
- The scenography is contemporary, the exhibition immerses the visitor in the history of the Earth, the processes of formation of minerals and the latest scientific advances in geosciences
- Children and adults will marvel at the most beautiful creations fashioned by the hand of Man from natural diversity