- Exhibition at the Conciergerie -
The EXPO "Marie Antoinette, metamorphosis of an image
- WE LOVE : an exhibition in a mythical place about a queen who became a popular icon
- AGE : for all, from 8 years old
- DATE: until January 26, 2020
- LOCATION: Conciergerie (Paris 1st)
Marie Antoinette Exhibition at the Conciergerie
- Marie Antoinette is a queen turned an icon of popular cultureas famous for his death as for his decadent life.
- No historical figure experienced such an abundance of representations during his lifetime and, especially, after his death on October 16, 1793.
- La Conciergerie explores the life of the last queen of France and above all the report of the French to Marie Antoinette.
- It has often been passionate and conflictual, leading to cults, tributes, or on the contrary, violent attacks, and In recent years, it has enjoyed a resurgence in popularity.
- The multiple representations of Marie-Antoinette are presented through nearly 200 works, art objects and archives, film excerpts, fashion accessories, and manga.
- The exhibition addresses five themes to understand the different images of Queen Marie-Antoinette.