At the Picasso Museum
The EXPO "Picasso, Magic Paintings
- WE LOVE : paintings that speak to children
- AGE : for all, from 5 years old thanks to the workshops
- DATE: until 23 February 2020
- LOCATION: Picasso Museum (Paris 4th)
The Picasso exhibition, magical paintings: paintings rarely brought together
- Between the summer of 1926 and the spring of 1930, Pablo Picasso produced a vast group of paintings that the art critic Christian Zervos would call "magic paintings" in 1938.
- These are paintings with strange figures, in which Picasso experiments with different plastic forms.
- This is a new chapter in its creation, where the power of "Guernica" is already being announced.
- The exhibition Picasso, Magic Paintings brings together a large part of these unique works, now scattered all over the world.
- We realize how much Picasso was inspired by the context of surrealism and psychoanalytical currents of the early twentieth century.
- A very beautiful exhibition that presents paintings from a period that we rarely get to see together.