Exhibition at the Musée d'Orsay
The EXPO "Degas at the Opera
- WE LOVE : an exhibition for lovers of dance and impressionism
- AGE : from 10 years old in open house, from 6 years old in the workshop
- DATE: until 19 January 2019
- LOCATION: Museum of Orsay (Paris 7th)
The Degas exhibition at the Opera": the painter and the white tutus
- The Orsay museum devotes a beautiful exhibition about Degas and the opera. One can admire the paintings of ballerinas and little rats, but also more broadly the paintings of an era, that of Paris in the 1880s.
- Degas made during all his life, of Opera is his favourite world. His passion for this universe is obvious.
- It is the whole universe of the Opera that interests him. The ballerinas, of course, but also the musicians, from the orchestra pit to the backstage, the spectators from the boxes to the foyer, from the intermissions to the after-parties. Moreover, at the end of his life, Degas affirmed that for him the ballerina had only been a "pretext".
- This exhibition presents about 200 worksThe exhibition includes works from the Musée d'Orsay and 65 different lenders, including 17 private collections.
- Degas at the Opera, it's an opportunity to highlight an exceptional painter...one of the greatest of his century.
- An exhibition for lovers of dance and impressionism.