Exhibition at the Musée d'Orsay
The EXPO "Degas at the Opera
- WE LOVE : an exhibition for lovers of dance and impressionism
- AGE: from 10 years old in open house, from 6 years old in workshop
- DATE: until January 19, 2019
- LOCATION: Orsay Museum (Paris 7e)
The Degas exhibition at the Opera": the painter and the white tutus
- The Orsay Museum devotes a very nice exhibition on Degas and the opera. One can admire the paintings of ballerinas and little rats, but also more broadly the paintings of an era, that of Paris in the 1880s.
- Degas made during all his life, of the Opera its universe of predilection. His passion for this universe is obvious.
- It is the whole universe of the Opera that interests him. The ballerinas of course, but also the musicians, from the orchestra pit to the backstage, the spectators from the boxes to the foyer, from the intermissions to the after-parties. Moreover, at the end of his life, Degas affirmed that for him the ballerina had only been a "pretext".
- This exhibition presents about 200 worksThe exhibition includes works from the Musée d'Orsay and 65 different lenders, including 17 private collections.
- Degas at the Opera, it is the occasion to put forward an exceptional painterone of the greatest of his century.
- An exhibition for lovers of dance and impressionism.