THE "Cindy Sherman" EXPO
- WE LOVE : her portraits, where she puts herself in scene and incarnates various characters
- AGE : for teens in open house - Workshops for children
- DATE: until January 3, 2021
- LOCATION: Vuitton Foundation (Bois de Boulogne)
Cindy Sherman at the Vuitton Foundation: The Self-Portrait for Life
- The exhibition "Cindy Sherman" brings together 170 works by the artist - from 1975 to 2020
- Cindy Shermanthe photographer, is the only actress in his pictures. She works alone, has never taken a model. It's always her and never the same in every photo.
- The result: a confusing, surprising, amusing work of art.
- The principle of her work: she embodies an image of America by disguising herself by placing herself in a set very worked out and significant of the message she wants to stage
- She thus composes fakes that are truer than the real.
- Hiding behind her disguises, Cindy Sherman is unrecognizable in every photo. She is sometimes a very young woman, an overweight 50-year-old woman, a sophisticated middle-class New Yorker, or sometimes in recent photos a virile man like Stallone.
Workshops for children on the occasion of the Cindy Sherman exhibition at the Vuitton Foundation
The Vuitton Foundation organizes workshops for kids for the duration of the exhibition. These workshops take place every Saturday and Sunday and every day during school vacations and public holidays.
- "Cindy's A Thousand Lives."
- for 3 - 5 years
- Princess or cowboy, actress or traveller... and why not all at once?
Cindy has a thousand urges and makes up a thousand lives. Through a galaxy of characters, children and parents set out to meet Cindy and her crazy adventures. A first experience of photography in the company of a mediator-storyteller.
- from 11am to 12pm, every weekend + every day during school holidays
- by reservation
- WORKSHOP "" My photo studio ""
- for 5 - 10 years
- Staging and framing, props and make-up... Parents and children decipher Cindy Sherman's world and photographic techniques at the heart of the exhibition in the company of two cultural mediators. A photo studio is specially set up in the children's workshop... to invent a character, dress up and take pictures of you! Accessories, models, photographers... all roles that allow families to understand the artist's approach, before leaving with their disguised portrait.
- from 2.30 pm to 5 pm, every weekend + every day during school holidays
- by reservation