Exhibition at the Vuitton Foundation
The EXPO "The Courtauld Collection
- WE LOVE : a hundred impressionist masterpieces
- AGE : for all, from 6 years old in free visit
- DATE: until June 17, 2019
- LOCATION: Vuitton Foundation (Bois de Boulogne)
The Courtauld Collection: a major exhibition at the Vuitton Foundation
- The Vuitton Foundation presents more than 110 impressionist works owned by the great textile manufacturer and art collector Samuel Courtauld.
- This exhibition presents the passion of Samuel Courtauld for Cézanne, Manet, Van Gogh or Gauguin
- Those are masterpieces of impressionist art who are gathered for the very first time in Paris.
- Scenographed in chronological order, the exhibition of the Courtauld Collection gives a good understanding of the evolution of Impressionism and Post-Impressionism from the 1860s.
- The exhibition brings together masterpieces such as: Bar at Folies-Bergère of Manet (1882), Nevermore of Gauguin (1897), The lodge of Renoir (1874), The woman powdering herself of Seurat (1889), Self portrait with bandaged ear of Van Gogh (1889)…