- Exhibition at the Musée d'Orsay -
The EXPO "Berthe Morisot at the Musée d'Orsay
- WE LOVE : a beautiful retrospective of an artist too little known
- AGE: for all, from 7 years old
- DATE: until September 22, 2019
- LOCATION: Orsay Museum (Paris 7e)
"The Berthe Morisot Exhibition": an impressionist woman, impressive and free
- The Orsay Museum devotes a very nice retrospective of this impressionist painter, too little known.
- This is the first retrospective of Berthe Morisot in France since ... 1941
- Berthe Morisot is an extraordinary woman for her time. She chose the life of the Parisian avant-garde in the 1860s and rubbed shoulders with the greatest painters: Fantin Latour, Monet, Manet, Degas, Renoir... and actively participated in the impressionist movement.
- The exhibition presents 73 paintings, 2 large pastels and the opportunity to see paintings often held in private collections
- Among these, we do not miss the Girl with a Green Coat (1894), the Young Woman in Grey (1879), The Green Umbrella (1873), The Cradle (1872) or Eugene Manet on the Isle of Wight (1875).
- This exhibition will appeal to children from 7 years old. It shows interior scenes, moments of the daily life of the bourgeoisie of the time, portraits of his daughter Julie, scenes in the garden ...
- A necessary exhibition, which reminds us how much Berthe Morisot is simply a very great impressionist painter.
- And of course, we take advantage of this exhibition to stroll in the beautiful Musée d'Orsay! It is one of our favorite art museums in Paris.