WE love : a beautiful retrospective of an artist too little known
Age : for all, from 7 years old
Duration: until September 22, 2019
Location: Museum of Orsay (Paris 7th)
"The exhibition Berthe Morisot": an impressionist woman, impressive and free
- The Orsay museum devotes a very beautiful retrospective this impressionist painter, too little known.
- This is the first retrospective of Berthe Morisot in France since ... 1941
- Berthe Morisot is an extraordinary woman for his time. She chose the life of the Parisian avant-garde in the 1860s and rubbed shoulders with the greatest painters: Fantin Latour, Monet, Manet, Degas, Renoir ... and actively participated in the Impressionist movement.
- The exhibition presents 73 paintings, 2 large pastels and the opportunity to see paintings often held in private collections
- Among them, we do not miss the girl with the green coat (1894), the Young woman in gray extended (1879), the Green sunshade (1873), the Crib (1872) or Eugene Manet on the island from Wight (1875).
- This exhibition will appeal to children from 7 years. It shows scenes of interior, moments of the daily life of the bourgeoisie of the time, portraits of his daughter Julie, scenes in the garden ...
- A necessary exhibition, which recalls how much Berthe Morisot is simply a very great Impressionist painter.
- And of course, we take advantage of this exhibition to stroll in the beautiful museum of Orsay! This is one of our favorite art museums in Paris.