WE love an exhibition on an exciting subject at child's height
Age : for all, from 6 years old
Duration: until 5 July 2021
FREE for children under 18 years of age on presentation of an identity document
Location: Louvre Museum - Richelieu Wing (Paris 1st)
The Small Gallery of the Louvre Museum
- La Petite Galerie is located in the Richelieu wing of the Louvre Museum
- It's aboutan area especially dedicated to the young publicbut the quality of the themes addressed and the works exhibited in fact an exciting place for young and old alike.
- Each year, the Petite Galerie proposes a different exhibition for a period of nine months, dealing with subjects accessible to all ages, from 5-6 years old.
- At the moment, the exhibition deals with the "figure of the artist". This exhibition hasccompanies the museum's 2019-2020 cycle devoted to the geniuses of the Renaissance.
- This 250m2 place is the subject of a very beautiful scenography: beautiful colors, simple graphics, careful lighting, simple and educational explanations...
- At the Petite Galerie, real works of art are exhibited.For the duration of each exhibition, the works come from the rooms of the Louvre or are borrowed from other museums.other museums
"Figure d'artiste" the exhibition of the moment at La Petite Galerie.
- "Artist's figure" the current exhibition at La Petite Galerie, evokes the status of the artist, its evolution and meaning over time
- The exhibition explores how the artist has evolved from a craftsman to a celebrated artist over the course of history
- Often anonymous in ancient times, the artist became known from the Renaissance onwards, to the point of becoming a hero of a novel or a legendary character from the 19th century onwards.
- About thirty paintings show the evolution of the recognition of artists, from the appearance of signatures on works to self-portraits.
- "Artist's figure" gives the opportunity to to see the greatest painters again: Rembrandt, Le Brun, Delacroix...