From April 9 to June 30 (Vincennes woods, Nogent-sur-Marne side)
"Invitation to travel" at the Tropical Agronomy Garden
- The tropical agronomy garden - is a mysterious garden that extends over a little more than 4 hectares
- In the 19th century, it houses a school of tropical agronomy, research pavilions, greenhouses, a colonial exhibition 1907), a war hospital... We built there a Temple of Remembrance as well as memorials in memory of the soldiers (of colonial troops) who died for France
- Some of these buildings have suffered the ravages of time, others have been restored
- For 3 years, the photographer Nathalie Tirot immersed herself in the atmosphere of the Tropical Agronomy Garden and studied its nooks and crannies
- She photographed the pavilions, greenhouses, monuments and other research laboratories...
- She then integrated and superimposed in his own photos postcards and old images
- Through this game of superposition, by mixing past and presentThe old images have been blended with the new ones to give life to this unusual place.
- In addition to the amazing photographic work made by the photographer, it is a real work of memory that we can see in this exhibition which gives new life to this place full of history