Paris and its department stores: Galeries Lafayette, Printemps Haussmann, BHV Marais (also called Bazar de l'Hôtel de Ville), Samaritaine Paris and Bon Marché Rive Gauche. Shopaholics and luxury boutiques can also get great deals at La Vallée Village, an outlet village in East of Paris.
La samaritaine Paris (the most luxurious)
- 9, rue de la Monnaie, 75001 Paris
- Open every day from 10am to 8pm
- A little history: the Samaritaine was founded in 1870 by Ernest Cognacq. With its Art Deco and Art Nouveau style, it is listed as a historical monument. The Samaritaine (LVMH group) reopened its doors after years of closure (and years of work), in June 2021.
Le Bon marché Rive Gauche (the most chic)
- 24 Rue de Sèvres, 75007 Paris
- Monday to Tuesday from 10am to 8pm and Sunday from 11am to 8pm
- A little history: it was built in 1852 by Pierre Bouciaut. It was called "Au Bon Marché" for 151 years, until 1989. The place was imagined by the architect Louis-Charles Boileau and the engineer Gustave Eiffel
- The most prestigious luxury brands and cutting-edge collections can be found there, and the clientele is mainly French. Art has entered with a collection of 80 pieces (artworks and furniture)
Galeries Lafayette Haussmann (the most touristic)
- 40, boulevard Haussmann, 75009 PARIS
- Coupole, L'Homme and Maison stores: open Monday to Saturday from 10am to 8pm and Sundays and holidays from 11am to 8pm
- The Gourmet store: open Monday to Saturday from 9:30 am to 9 pm, Sundays from 11 am to 8 pm and holidays from 10 am to 8 pm
- ♡ ♡ Not to be missed: the view on Paris from the 8th floor of Galeries Lafayette. The rooftop offers an exceptional panorama on the Parisian monuments: the Opera Garnier, the Eiffel Tower, the Basilica of the Sacred Heart. The sunsets on the roofs of Paris are superb!
Le Printemps Haussmann
- 64 Bd Haussmann, 75009 Paris
- Monday to Saturday, from 10am to 8pm and Sunday from 11am to 8pm
- Fashion, beauty, decoration...
- The first slogan of Printemps built in 1865: "At Printemps, everything is new, fresh and pretty, like the title: Au Printemps".
The BHV Marais, Bazar de l'Hôtel de Ville
- 52, rue de Rivoli, 75004 Paris
- Monday to Saturday from 10am to 8pm and Sunday from 11am to 7pm
- Home, fashion, DIY, leisure
- ♡ ♡ Spring and summer on the rooftop of BHV Marais: the Perch offers a panoramic view of the Eiffel Tower, the Seine, the City Hall and the roofs of Paris. A bar/snack bar to have a drink or a snack perched on the roof of Paris