What you will discover at the Curie Museum
The Curie Museum is located in the Val de Grace district on the Curie Campus. It plunges us into the history of radioactivity and its medical applications. It allows us to discover the world and the history of Pierre and Marie Curie, 5 times Nobel Prize winners. Booklets-inquiries allow the youngest to discover in a playful and educational way the career of these two illustrious scientists who rest not far from the campus. Pantheon.
- The permanent collection of the museum presents The office and laboratory of Marie Curie, the history of radioactivity and radiotherapy, the different stages of the scientific discoveries of the Curies and the Joliot-Curies, the family with five Nobel prizes
- This museum is composed of archives, documents and old objects.
The museum is organized into 4 main themes:
- The family with the 5 Nobel Prize winners
- The Radium
- Chemistry and biology
- The Curie Foundation: curing cancer
The museum's family activities
- Booklets-investigations are given free for children and pre-teens at the reception desk for free visits (duration about 50mn): The Radium Race at the Curie Museum? (ages 8-12) and Investigation trail at the Curie Museum? (for 13-15 year olds).
- Every Saturday at 3pmThe museum offers activities for adults and children. It is advisable to reserve because the workshops are quickly full. These workshops are free
In the museum gardens: RADIUM215 BY C215
- Marie Curie created this small garden in 1912. She wanted a pleasant setting to carry out her work
- Street Art exhibition in the garden : C215 is a street artist who painted the portraits of Pierre and Marie Curie, Irène and Frédéric Joliot-Curie on the facades of the museum