Before booking, please check that there are enough places available for the session as a whole.. If only one place remains, it can only be reserved for an additional adult OR child joining a family already registered.
⚠️ Unless otherwise specified for certain ADOS tours, we accept NO single children.
The "Monsters and heroes of mythology" tour
Monsters, heroes and fantastic creatures... A guided tour of the Louvre's major works inspired by mythology.
- The objective of this guided and storytelling tour at the Louvre museum is to show to children, in a playful wayhow Greek and Mesopotamian mythologies have inspired artists to major works.
- What could be more fascinating for children than bulls with human heads, roaring lions, snakes and demons fighting with brave warriors!
- This storytelling tour of the Louvre Museum is punctuated by little games, investigations and riddles... so that culture becomes child's play.
- This visit tells the story of the exploits of the gods of ancient mythology.. Children will discover Medusa the Gorgon in battle with Perseus, the Minotaur, Gilgamesh, the 12 labours of Hercules, or Cerberus the three-headed dog of the Underworld...
Rates and information for scheduled visits
- 20 to 22 participants maximum per visit
- duration : 1h30
- Meeting place : Richelieu passage under the arcades outside (do not enter the museum)
- This visit is animated by guide-lecturers
- An adult seat is necessarily associated with a child seat.
- Visit in French
- Who is it for? : school, extra-curricular, birthday, family privatization...
- Rate From 250 euros per visit
- Increase of 20% on Sundays and holidays
- Number 25 people max (adults and/or children)
- Visit in French or English
- For schoolchildren: from the first grade / primary school
- Great time!
Written by Marie Duchamp, 13-11-2023
Beautiful tour with an exceptional guide with the children (Cyril). This isn't my first visit and your guides are always great, but this one was just exceptional (captivated children and parents throughout the tour). My 8-year-old son said again today that he'd had a great time. He wants to come back to the Louvre! Thank you so much!
- Thank you, it was very interesting, we also appreciated the little booklet given at the end of the visit, I wish it was even more complete.<;
Written by Randa SAMUEL, on 13-11-2023
The crowds, but there's nothing we can do about it! No problem when booking! The price, I have 7 grandchildren, I can't afford to offer this to some of them, for example the 5 to 7 year olds, there are 4 of them!