THE CHILDREN'S GALLERY
The Children's Gallery is a museum dedicated to science and more specifically to the biodiversity. It is a place opened in 2010 and is part of the Natural History Museum. It is specially designed for children, with naturalized animals and interactive games. Welcome to a condensed world in 530 m2!
- A space designed for 6-12 year olds, dedicated to biodiversity
- he allows children to become aware of the interdependence of living beings
- It is a interactive course based on observation, playful manipulations, animations, experiments?
- The ticket includes the visit of the Grande Galerie de l'Évolution (except temporary exhibition)
- A very successful mix of real and virtual
- Wednesdays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. And every day during school vacations
THE COURSE PROPOSED TO THE CHILDREN
The Children's Gallery offers a 5-step tour to understand biodiversity from a local level to its global issues.
Under the cobblestones, life
- The visit starts in Paris
- It is a question of understanding the animal and vegetable diversity sheltered by Paris
- To discover the falcons of Notre-Dame or the hedgehogs of the gardens, for example, children play with an animated cupboard, a virtual magnifying glass, a musical memory?
- Analysis of an alluvial plain crossed by the Seine
- The river, in the form of a transparent table, hosts naturalized specimens and animations
- It is an opportunity to understand the interactions between plants, aquatic animals and humans
Around the world
- Time to put into perspective the information gleaned during the visit
- It is a time to reflect on the relationship we have with nature and how to preserve it
- A playful device promotes eco-citizen actions
- A collective role-playing game allows you to take on the responsibilities of a town councillor who is questioning the introduction of organic food in the canteen. Will you agree with the arguments of the agronomist, the doctor or the organic farmer?