Until January 31, 2024
At the Atelier des Lumières
- Place at the Atelier des Lumières (11th)
- Date until January 31, 2024
- schedule 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- When daily
- schedule 10am to 5pm on weekdays, 10am to 9pm on Saturday and Sunday, until 6pm on Sunday
- Nocturne Friday and Saturday
- Age : for all
- Free for children under 5 years old
Chagall, Paris-New York
- This immersive exhibition is dedicated to the prolific painter Marc Chagall (1887-1985). Discover the artist's repertoire projected on the walls of the Atelier des Lumières, complemented by short excerpts of classical, klezmer and jazz music, which were also part of Chagall's cultural universe.
- Explore his body of work through Paris and New York, the iconic capitals of modern art. These two cities represent two crucial stages in the artist's long career. Paris was his city of choice and, thanks to the avant-garde movements of the 1910s, it offered the young Russian painter a breeding ground for experimental works, which he enriched with his own cultural references.
- New York is above all a place of exile in the 1940s, which nevertheless gives a new impetus to the artist's creativity.
Paul Klee, painting music
- This immersive event is accompanied by music from The Magic Flute, a nod to Klee's fascination with opera and Mozart in particular. Wander through an imaginary city and listen to the opening of an opera, an underwater concerto amidst golden and multicolored fish, complemented by the rhythm of its geometric structures.
- Paul Klee was first and foremost a musician: the son of a pianist and a violinist, and a professional singer, he was also a very talented violinist. Throughout his life, his works were influenced by music, which became an integral part of his creative process.
- This digital exhibition pays tribute to Klee's two passions and highlights the pictorial range of his work. Despite their childlike appearance, his works include a wide variety of techniques and are highly imaginative. Which one will inspire you the most?
The Atelier des Lumières, a cultural place in Paris
- The Workshop of Lights opened in the spring of 2018 in a former smelter in the 11th arrondissement of Paris. This very large exhibition space is perfectly suited to the ambitions of this new Parisian cultural venue.
- The founding principle is put technology at the service of the artistic tradition by appropriating classical pictorial works to make them gigantic video projections.
- It is another way to organize exhibitions, to discover art, it's bluffing and it'll please the young audience, It's certain !
- In a space of 2000 m2 and 10 meters high, Van Gogh's works are projected on the floor, ceiling and walls.
- It's a visual shock, the colors explode. A music accompanies the projection. We are immersed in a sound and light size XXL. More than 3000 images set in motion by 140 laser projectors make this possible immersive art.
THESE EXHIBITIONS THAT HAVE ENCHANTED US
Exhibitions currently or soon in Paris
I RESERVE MY TICKETS ©Cultival - Musée de l'Armée Invalides WE LOVE: a stroll through the...
WE LIKE: a crazy concert with a rock band that really gets things moving...
WE LIKE: an extraordinary retrospective of the work of Nicolas de Staël, who...