The permanent collection is free for all
Current and upcoming exhibitions at the Cernuschi Museum
- "Painting outside the world, Monks and scholars of the Ming and Qing dynasties"Nov. 5 to March 6, 2021
- "Shen Yuan: Fragments of Memory". October 14, 2021 to January 30, 2022
The Cernuschi Museum is located in a magnificent mansion on the edge of the Parc Monceau in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. It presents the Asian art collection built up by Henri Cernuschi at the end of the 19th century. It is a small museum, child-sized with extraordinary pieces that make you dream about a distant world. After the visit, the children will be delighted to enjoy of the Monceau park located just next door.
The Cernuschi Museum: an ideal visit for the whole family
- We like this small museum for the beauty of the objects exposed and also becausehe visits each other pretty quickly. It is a museum where one is not "stunned" by the sum of the exhibits!
- It is a ideal visit with children because the objects on display speak to their imagination Fantastic animals, felines with diabolical looks, funerary statuettes?
- The Cernuschi Museum reopened its doors on March 4, 2020 after 9 months of work. The new museum is beautiful. It is bright and airy. The collections are very well presented and the scenography does not overwhelm the visitors with an accumulation of art objects.
- Most of the pieces on display come from the collection that Henri Cernuschi brought back from his trip to the Far East (Japan, China, Vietnam and Korea) between 1871 and 1873
- The objects are magnificent, extremely well presented and the explanations are clear and precise
- Throughout the showcases, one discovers bronzes, ceramics, lacquered wood, paintings, prints and photographs
The Cernuschi Museum and the young public
- The museum organizes year-round activities for children and teenagers
- These activities are centered either around the temporary exhibitions or around the permanent collection and the customs of the Far East
- For example, workshops are regularly organized around the tea ceremony, around the making of fans, or around the theme of dragons?
- The activities are on reservation only
- And of course, if the weather is good, we can enjoy with the children the very nice Parc Monceau located on the edge of the museum
Ticket for the temporary exhibitions of the Cernuschi Museum. Free for under 18 and under 27 years old EU residents