The permanent collection is free for all
The museum's permanent collections, as well as contemporary installations and exhibitions in the Painting Room, are open to the public. free of charge and without reservation
Current and future exhibitions at the Cernuschi Museum
- “Back from Asia - Henri Cernuschi, a collector in the age of Japonism"October 6, 2023 to February 4, 2024
The Cernuschi Museum is located in a beautiful mansion on the edge of Parc Monceau in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. It presents the Asian art collection built up by Henri Cernuschi at the end of the 19th century. It is a small museum, child-sized with extraordinary pieces that make you dream about a distant world. After the visit, the children will be delighted to enjoy of Monceau Park right next door.
The Cernuschi Museum: an ideal family visit
- We love this little museum for the beauty of the exhibits... and also becausehe visits each other pretty quickly. It is a museum where one is not "stunned" by the sum of the exhibits!
- It's a ideal visit with children because the exhibits speak to their imaginations Fantastic animals, felines with diabolical looks, funerary statuettes...
- The Cernuschi Museum reopened its doors on March 4, 2020 after 9 months of work. The new museum is beautiful. It is bright and airy. The collections are very well presented and the scenography does not overwhelm the visitors with an accumulation of art objects.
- Most of the pieces on display come from the collection held by Henri Cernuschi reported on his trip to the Far East (Japan, China, Vietnam and Korea) between 1871 and 1873.
- The Buddha Hall unveils a monumental wooden sculpture of dragons, nearly twelve meters high. This masterpiece of Japanese art is exhibited in its entirety for the first time since the 1930s.
- The objects are beautifulextremely well presented and the explanations are clear and precise
- In the showcases, we discover bronzes, ceramics, lacquered wood, paintings, prints and photographs.
The Cernuschi Museum and the young public
- The museum organizes year-round activities for children and teenagers
- These activities are centered either around the temporary exhibitions or around the permanent collection and the customs of the Far East
- By way of example, workshops are regularly organized around the tea ceremonyor around the theme of dragons...
- The activities are by reservation only
- And of course, if the weather is good, we can take advantage of the very nice Parc Monceau located on the edge of the museum
- "Kim Tschang-Yeul, The drop and the line". - April 14 - July 30, 2023
- "Painting and ceramics in dialogue, Around the Chinese and Japanese collections bequeathed by Harley Preston " - April 14 - July 30, 2023
- “Shen Yuan: Fragments of memory October 14, 2021 to January 30, 2022
- “Painting outside the world, Monks and scholars of the Ming and Qing dynasties"Nov. 5 to March 6, 2021