Commemorations of the Liberation of Paris - Free Events
August 24 and 25, 2019
WE love : Celebrating the 75th anniversary of the liberation of Paris
Age : for everyone
When: August 24 and 25, 2019
Location: Several places and events
75th anniversary of the liberation of Paris
- Several free events to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the liberation of Paris...
- On the programme for this commemorative day: parades, ceremonies, balls and the opening of the new Liberation Museum in Paris.
- August 24th: the town hall of the 15th organizes several events including 2.30 pm a parade with 170 reconstructors and 35 vintage vehicles from Linois Street to André Citroën Park and 20:30 a big ball on the place of the Town Hall of the 15th
- August 25th: great freedom parade with vintage vehicles and jazz band. from the square of August 25, 1944 (Paris 14th), at the very place where General Leclerc and his men entered Paris on August 25, 1944. The parade will pass by the Avenue du General Leclerc. The arrival is scheduled at 16h in Denfert-Rochereau.
- Sunday, August 25 at 18:30: Opening of the brand new Museum of the Liberation of Paris. A wonderful new museum dedicated to Paris under the occupation and its liberation, it highlights the resistance movements, particularly the figures of Jean Moulin and General Leclerc. Good to know, the museum is free all year round.