WE love : an original and unusual exhibition
Age : for teens
Duration: jusqu’au 31 décembre 2020
Location: Espace Lafayette-Drouot (Paris 9th)
"The World of Banksy" the immersive exhibition in the Banksy universe
- Good news: the exhibition of Bansky's works has been extended for several months following its great success.
- The Lafayette-Drouot space welcomes a visual and sound exhibition dedicated to Banksy, the contemporary graffiti artist whose works of political significance are now world famous
- Banksy is the most famous street-art artist of the moment and yet no one knows who he is. The mystery around him adds to the force of his political statement
- On 1200m2 and 3 floors which reconstitute an urban universe, The World of Banksy unveils 42 replica Bansky frescoes by a dozen graffiti artists from all over the world who wanted to keep their anonymity
- The exhibition also presents works from private collections
- To recreate the street context, street art, the exhibition is based on the sound dimension with for example the buzz of a helicopter to hint at the repression
- The exhibition takes us from the Palestinian territories to New York, passing through London and Paris. Banksy's works are a political act and denounce the innocence crushed by force, or rise against consumerism, the British monarchy, or the Israeli occupation
- This original exhibition should please teenagers both in the form and the rebellious message of the exposed frescoes.