In 2019, we celebrate the 70th anniversary of the Bateaux-Mouches on the Seine!
For 70 years, Bateaux Mouches sail on the Seine in Paris. Today, cruises on the Seine are an integral part of the Parisian landscape, but in 1949, when the Compagnie des Bateaux-Mouches was created, it was quite a novelty!
The History of the Bateaux-Mouches : but why the name "bateau mouche" ?
- No relation with flies!
- The Bateaux-Mouches are so called because the 1st boat to have made walks on the Seine was called the Old Smee.
- The Vieux-Mouche was a boat that carried visitors from one site to another during the 1867 World's Fair.
- This boat was then bought by the Compagnie des Bateaux-Mouches, when in 1949, Jean Bruel created his company to show Paris by river.
- A visionary because he foresaw the development of mass tourism in the future, Jean Bruel wanted to make the Bateaux Mouches an attraction that would allow tourists to admire Paris from the Seine by day and by night.
Cruises on the Seine today
- By themselves, The Bateaux-Mouches are the 4th most popular tourist attraction in Paris. After the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre Museum and the Centre Pompidou.
- Indeed, every year, 2.6 million visitors embark on a Bateau Mouche.
- If we consider all the boats on the Seine, they are 8 million people (tourists as Ile-de-France) who take a cruise on the Seine every year.
- The traffic on the Seine in Paris is intense since there are 90 companies and 210 boats, such as those of the Compagnie des Bateaux-Mouches or the Stars of Paris or some Batobus to name a few.
- Nowadays, cruises offer simple one-hour walks or catering cruises which last between 1h15 and 2h30 depending on the offer. With children the 1h15 cruise is ideal.
Discover our reduced rates for the Bateaux-Mouches
- The adult rate is 14 ?
- The child rate (under 11 years old) is 6?
- We propose reduced rates for couples and families
- Our rates can reach 25 % of reduction and sometimes during our flash salesthe promotion can go up to 30%
- The cruise is free for children under 4 years old
- In any case, our tickets are valid for 2 years, without restriction of days or hours.
E-TICKET AT REDUCED RATE *
Free for children under 4*Your E-tickets are not dated. Immediately on your smartphone, no need to print them.