The traditional parade on the Champs-Elysées, from 10am to noon
No July 14th without the traditional military parade on the Champs-Elysées in the company of the President of the Republic
- The July 14 military parade highlights each year different regiments of French soldiers
- he closes with a spectacular demonstration of French aviation.
- This year, the theme of the parade is "Protecting together. On this occasion, soldiers of the French army present drones, robots and other innovations used in the army.
- The July 14 parade is an impressive spectacle.
- For 2 hours, 196 vehicles, 4,212 men and women marching on foot and 200 cavalrymen of the Republican Guard in Paris descend the Champs-Elysées.
- During the parade we admire a great spectacular air show that brings together 66 aircraft and 36 helicopters.
- Be careful, during the morning of July 14th, it is very complicated to circulate in Paris.
- Indeed, the traffic is prohibited from 6:30 am on a large perimeter, from Porte Maillot to Bastille.
- Do not drive!
Naturally to enjoy the parade, it is advisable to arrive very early in the morning on the Champs-Elysées. After the parade, head for the Champ de Mars to be in the front row for the great operatic concert of the evening !
For a sumptuous view of the fireworks shot from the Eiffel Tower, we advise you the July 14th Special Cruise. It is an exceptional outing (expensive, for sure) to get the best spot to watch the fireworks.