WE LOVE: this zoo is a reputable research center concerned with the preservation of species
E-BILLET COUPE-FILE: 13 € for adults and 10 € for children
Free for children under 3 years
The menagerie, zoo of the Jardin des Plantes
The menagerie of the Jardin des Plantes is one of the zoos the oldest in the world. 150 species (of which 1/3 is threatened with extinction) are doing well together in this zoo located in the heart of the Jardin des Plantes: 240 mammals, 390 birds, 210 turtles, crocodiles, lizards and snakes, 140 amphibians and 900 insects, crustaceans and spiders. Who says better ?
- Here, no very big animals. But medium-sized or small animals like the pandas, orangutans, the cranes or lturtles of Seychelles.
- At the Menagerie of the Jardin des Plantes, we see: 200 mammals, 300 birds, 200 turtles, crocodiles, lizards and snakes, 200 amphibians and 300 insects, crustaceans and spiders.
- You will follow the path of biodiversity and discover some of the threats to biodiversity. A place to educate the youngest the problems of extinction of certain species worldwide.
- 80 people work for the welfare of animals: healers, gardeners, veterinarians ... They are also there to discuss with visitors.
To eat in the area, we recommend the restaurant Les Belles Plantes, perfect with children (children's menu, terrace when the weather is nice). And it's open on Sundays! And to taste it, the inevitable Café Maure of the Mosque of Paris, for its oriental pastries and its exotic setting.
Menagerie du jardin des Plantes - Price list
- The zoo of the Jardin des Plantes is free of charge. for under-18s and under-26s who are EU nationals, teachers, jobseekers, disabled persons and their carers
- Free for children under 3 years old
- The ticket Full price is 13€. and the reduced rate is €10
Which subway station for the Jardin des Plantes?
- To get to the Jardin des Plantes de Paris zoo, get off at the Austerlitz station (line 5 or RER C) or Jussieu station (line 7 or 10).