ONE OF OUR FAVORITES IN PARIS WITH CHILDREN AND TEENAGERS...
When science is available to children! The Cité des Sciences et de l'Industrie is a very large museum dedicated to the understanding of science.. The principle of the City of Science is to combine pedagogy, games and experimentation. It's always very successful! A victim of its own success, it is imperative to book if you come on a weekend or during the school holidays.
The City of Sciences includes 4 large spaces :
- The spaces of permanent and temporary exhibitions
- The city of children to experiment according to his age
- the planetarium
- The Argonaut.
The ticket for the City of Science includes :
- access to the Cité des sciences et de l'industrie
- access to the Louis-Lumière and Argonaute Cinema (subject to availability),
- access to the Planetarium (prior reservation required)
He doesn't understand:
- access to the Cité des Enfants (activity rooms). Tickets can be taken on site, but we strongly advise you to book your tickets in advance.
- access to temporary exhibitions. For temporary exhibitions, we advise you to go to our page of the "Science" exhibitions of the moment to find out about the program and book your tickets.
Our advice : plan at least half a day if you want to take advantage of it and not do everything in a hurry! The Parc de la Villette and the Bassin de la Villette are very pleasant to go for a walk, play or picnic when the weather is nice.
TEMPORARY EXHIBITIONS AT THE MOMENT
- Several temporary exhibitions at the same time at the Cité des Sciences
- They often last long enough - more than a year
- They are sometimes aimed at toddlers and sometimes to teenagers
- They are always extremely educational and interactive
The City of Children: 2 spaces of discovery and manipulation according to the age of the children
FOR 2 - 7 YEARS
- From 2 years old, the Cité des enfants offers kids 1h30 of manipulations and exciting experiences.
- The 27 years old have their space and its flagship activities:
- the barrage where we "play with water"
- the garage and his car to repair
- the construction site with foam bricks.
FOR 5 - 12 YEARS
- The 5 - 12 years explore
- the giant anthill,
- discover the recording studio,
- where the virtual hairdressing salon.
If we want to test everything, plan to return several times The experiments are so varied and interesting: listening to the noise produced by two snails eating, calculating the speed of sound from one's own voice, thwarting optical illusions, and so on. The duration of a session at the Cité des Enfants is 1h30.
- Another pole of attraction, the planetarium and its breathtaking images, projected in 3D in a vast hemispherical room.
- To pursue the dream, focus on Aeronautics and Space clusters.
- The whole program is here!
- For lovers of submarines : visit of theArgonaut (in the park)
- we discover: the rear station with the engine, the central station, the officers' quarters, the crew berths and the tubes containing torpedoes.
- You can also listen, through a touch screen, the sounds of the deep sea, and learn to fly a submarine on computer!
TO DO IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD OF THE VILLETTE
- A park, water, animations, exhibitions...
- All year
- Family (with children and teenagers)
- A colourful and playful cinema
- Programming for 2 - 14 year olds
- A la Villette (Paris 19th)