In Montmartre, we do not miss:
1- The visit of the Sacred Heart:
- Located at 130m above sea level, the basilica, with its Romanesque-Byzantine style, dominates all of Paris
- It is one of the symbols of Paris. Its ceiling houses the largest mosaic in France (480 m²)
- The view of all Paris from the basilica is absolutely magnificent.
- Free access for all
2- one of the most beautiful views of all Paris
- the view from the top of the Montmartre hill is a must in Paris
- is theone of the 10 most beautiful views of Paris and it's free!
3- The Place du Tertre
- It is the historical and tourist heart of Montmartre
- Where the painters and caricaturists are. Your children will love to see them painting portraits
- If you're a little hungry, you don't miss out. the "Carette" pastry shop and tea room"which is installed on Place du Tertre
4- Shopping in the Abbesses district
- departure rue des Abbesses
- All the trendy stores of the moment and for the "big teens" are located in the Abbesses district
- Shops are open on Sundays
5- 3 nice museums to see with your family in Montmartre
If we have a little time, there are 3 small museums in Montmartre. They are visited rather quickly and are in our opinion interesting. It's an ideal visit for the whole family!
- the Museum of Montmartre and the gardens of Renoir. The view on the vineyards of Montmartre. Open every day, all year long from 10am to 6pm. The temporary exhibitions are generally very interesting. Workshops also for children
- the Dali Museum which is a small and pleasant museum dedicated to the surrealist artist. Open every day, all year round from 10 am to 6 pm, except on December 24 and 25
- the Halle Saint-PierreA unique place in Paris that is at the same time an art gallery, a museum, a bookshop and a conference center. Also, programming of concerts and shows. The coffee corner is very nice and spacious enough to go there with a stroller.
Top with children in Montmartre ???
1- Take the bus, the funicular or the little train :
- Borrow the Montmartrobus which will take you around the hill in 40 minutes through its most picturesque streets, including Sacré-C?ur. The Montmartrobus connects Pigalle to the City Hall of the 18th arrondissement of Paris by serving the Place des Abbesses and the Place du Tertre. Normal RATP fare.
- Take a tour with the "Montmartre mini-train". Guided tour of about 35 mn. Nocturne until midnight in July and August. The children love it!
- Take the funicular, a glass subway climbing up the Butte. That should please the youngest! It will drop you off on rue du Cardinal-Dubois, from where, with your back to the Sacré-C?ur, you will contemplate all of Paris.
2- Have fun on the Place du Tertre:
- Go place du Tertre see painters and caricaturists ready to take your picture
- Make a ride on a carousel place du Tertre. The carousel, of Venetian style, has the charm of the old with its carriages and its wooden horses. It dates from the 18th century.
- Take a fun family tour of the neighbourhood (see the section just below).
3- enjoy an ice cream or a pie... :
Visit Montmartre in a different way, during a fun guided tour or on your own
- The original guided tour "When Street Art tells the story of Montmartre". Ideal for the whole family, from 8 years old. Take advantage of our reduced rate.
- The Escape Game in the open airr "The Mysteries of Montmartre (children's route)" . Ideal with children from 6 to 9 years old. Take advantage of our reduced rate.
- The outdoor Escape Game "The Mysteries of Montmartre (teenagers' route)" . The fun visit to do with pre-teens and teens. Take advantage of our reduced rate.
- The visit Show "The Eternal Spirit of Montmartre. The visit of the Butte Montmartre with comedians. Ideal for families, with children from 6 years old. Take advantage of our reduced rate.
- The Enigma Stroll in Montmartre With your logbook, set off on an unusual treasure hunt. Ideal for 7/8 years old. Take advantage of our reduced rate.