WE love An exhibition in a mythical place about a queen who became a popular icon
Age: for all, from 8 years old
Duration: until January 26, 2020
Location: Conciergerie (Paris 1st)
* Free admission for under 26s if EU residents and for teachers with a pass, disabled people + companion and French jobseekers, with a valid ID card.
Marie Antoinette exhibition at the Conciergerie
- Marie Antoinette is a queen turned an icon of popular cultureas famous for his death as for his decadent life.
- No historical figure has known such an abundance of representations, during his lifetime, then, especially, after his death, on October 16, 1793.
- La Conciergerie explores the life of the last queen of France and especially the relationship of the French to Marie-Antoinette.
- This one has often been passionate and conflicting, generating cults, tributes, or on the contrary violent attacks, and In recent years, it has experienced a resurgence in popularity.
- It is through nearly 200 works, art objects and archives, film extracts, fashion accessories, and manga that are presented the multiple representations of Marie Antoinette.
- The exhibition addresses five themes to understand the different images of Queen Marie-Antoinette.